This Technical Regulation defines the minimum necessary requirements for wheeled vehicles aiming at protection of safety of life or health of citizens, property, protection of environment, life and health of animals, and at prevention of the actions misleading the consumers.
Required for several industries and products
It came into operation on January 1, 2015
VALID IN Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan
PRODUCTS TO BE CERTIFIED IN ACCORDANCE WITH TR CU 018/2011:
Motor vehicles and its spare parts including:
Vehicles that have 4 or more wheels and are intended for transporting passengers and its spare parts:
- Mopeds, motor bicycles, mokicks;
- Motorcycles, scooters, tricycles;
Cargo vehicles and its spare parts;
- Vehicles intended for transporting passengers and having not more than 8 seats (not including driver’s seat) – cars;
- Buses, trolley buses, special passenger vehicles and their chassis;
Trailers and its spare parts.
TR CU 018/2011 DOES NOT APPLY TO:
- Vehicles that have maximum speed not more than 25 km/h;
- Vehicles intended only for purposes of taking part in sports competitions;
- Vehicles of L and M1 categories that were made 30 or more years ago, and vehicles of M2, M3, and N categories that are not intended as commercial and cargo transport and that were made 50 or more years ago with an original engine, body, and frame, preserved or renovated;
- Vehicles imported to the unified customs territory of the Customs Union for no more than 6 months and placed under the customs regimes that do not stipulate for the possibility of dispossession;
- Vehicles imported to the unified customs territory of the Customs Union as personal property of individuals who are participants of national state programs on assistance in voluntary migration of people living abroad or officially pronounced refugees or forced migrants;
- Vehicles that are property of diplomatic and consular representations, international organizations having privileges and immunities in accordance with norms of the international law, and also employees of these representations (organizations) and their family members;
- Off-road high-capacity vehicles;
TR CU 018/2011 assumes two approval forms:
- THE DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
- THE CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY
WHO CAN APPLY FOR CERTIFICATION?
The foreign manufacturer can apply for certification only through the Customs union residential company. It means that a Russian, Kazakh or other CU country’s company should bear responsibility for the products quality on the base of Local representative agreement. It can be the importer, distributor of the product or any other company located in the CU that will agree to act as a Local Representative.
POSSIBLE APLIED VALIDITY
The CoC / DoC can be issued for a batch (one consignment) or for serially produced products. The maximum applied validity of the approval document is 4 years or equals date of expiry of products (for a batch).
The process lasts from 1 week to 1 month depending on certification scheme and the form of approval (DoC or CoC).
BASIC INQUIRY INFO:
An accurate quote can be provided on the base of the following information:
- Product type and applied model range (items/articles);
- Technical description;
- HS Code (Customs code).
For more information, you can apply to email@example.com