Radio Approval (RFC Conclusion)
This document does not belong to the Customs union legislation field, so can be used only in Russia. This is also means that all producers of the RF devices should take into consideration requirements of each CU or other CIS countries and initiate certification process for each country they want to enter.
Nevertheless, there are one Legal act that allow to freely import some RF means to all CU countries (Russia, Belarus, Kirgizia, Armenia and Kazakhstan) without any approval document from the local Radio-Frequency authority. It is a so-called Exemption list of the RF means which included devices such as:
- Radio stations operating in the radio frequency band 433.075 - 434.775 MHz, with an output power of the transmitter not exceeding 10 mW;
- Transmitting equipment including a receiving device of a short range of the IEEE 802.15 (Bluetooth) standard operating in the radio frequency band 2400 - 2483.5 MHz, with an output power of the transmitter not exceeding 100 mW, including the built-in parts or being part of other devices;
- Terminal (subscriber) transmission equipment including a receiving device of short range of IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.11.b, IEEE 802.11.g, IEEE 802.11.n (Wi-Fi) standards operating in the radio frequency band 2400 - 2483.5 MHz with an output power of the transmitter not exceeding 100 mW, including the built-in parts or being part of other devices;
- Terminal (subscriber) transmission equipment including a receiving device of a short range of the standard IEEE 802.11.a, IEEE 802.11.n (WiFi) operating in the radio frequency bands 5150-5350 MHz and 5650-5 572 MHz with the transmitter output power not exceeding 100 mW, including the built-in parts or being part of other devices;
And many other devices that can be imported to Russia without RFC Conclusion.
In other cases, the manufacturer should check whether applied RF parameters are allowed for usage in our country and also to confirm them, initiating the local tests in the Radio-Frequency Center laboratory.
The process assumed several stages:
- Applying to RosComNadzor (Federal Telecommunication authority) for samples import licence. When the license is obtained you can import the product in 6 months to conduct tests.
- Applying to Radio-Frequency Center for tests. This stage accompanied with a wide range of work starting from preparing technical information for experts, paying all necessary taxes and testing the product itself. The scope of tests will be determined according to GKRC Decision and RosComNadzor requirements individually for each product. The most frequently tested parameters are transmission power, maximum EIRP, maximum spectral density, channel width etc.
- Reporting the tests and preparing of the RFC Conclusion.
After the RFC Conclusion is obtained we can add it to the RosComNadzor register in order to confirm that the product meets all necessary requirements and can be imported by any importer.
There are several points you should also note about RFC Conclusion:
- This document has an unlimited validity period.
- As most approval documents, it needs Local representative which will act as an Applicant (it can be any residential company).
- There is no family approval, so each model should be tested in order to obtain the RF approval.
If you need more detail, you can call us or just send an inquiry to [email protected] with basic information:
- Product description
- HS code
- RF parameters and transmitting capacity
Looking forward to receiving you inquiries.
Certification experts in Russia will be pleased to consult you in your own language