This Technical Regulation defines the necessary requirements for furniture and processes of its use and aims at the safety of life or health of citizens, property, protection of the environment and (or) life and health of animals, and at prevention of the actions misleading the consumers.
Required for several industries and products
It came into operation on July 1, 2014
VALID IN Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan
EUROPEAN ANALOGUE – none
PRODUCTS TO BE CERTIFIED IN ACCORDANCE WITH TR CU 025/2012:
HOUSEHOLD AND PUBLIC USE FURNITURE CLASSIFIED BY USE:
- Laboratory furniture excluding medical laboratory furniture;
- Furniture for educational institutions;
- Furniture for pre-school institutions;
- Furniture for trade, food services and public services facilities;
- Furniture for hotels, health resorts, and hostels;
- Furniture for theatrical and cultural facilities;
- Furniture for administrative offices;
- Furniture for railway stations, financial offices and communication offices;
- Furniture for bookstore facilities (shelves, bookcases, tables);
- Furniture for ship facilities (cabins, mess rooms, captain’s bridges, central management facilities, rest rooms, canteens, ambulance stations)
HOUSEHOLD AND PUBLIC USE FURNITURE CLASSIFIED BY FUNCTIONS:
- Tables (dining, desk, tow hitches);
- Chairs, armchairs, bedside benches, stools, benches, poufs, sofas, couches, daybeds, armchair beds, sofa beds;
- Sleeping pads;
- Closets, file cabinets, bookshelves, secretaries, commodes, console-mirrors, treillages, and other items (trunk boxes, bookstands, folding screens, stack stands, clothes hangers, boxes, shelves, and other items);
- Furniture for children (tables, chairs, beds, playpens, play boxes, armchairs, sofas, closets, file cabinets, stools, benches, sleeping pads, sofa beds and other items)
TR CU 025 DOES NOT APPLY TO:
- Medical furniture including special surgery tables, exam tables, hospital beds with mechanical gadgets, dental chairs, and other surgery, dental and veterinary furniture;
- Furniture intended for use in air, land, or underground transport;
- Antique furniture;
- Used and repaired furniture;
- Furniture samples for exhibitions and advertisements;
TR CU 025/2012 assumes two approval forms:
- THE CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY (CoC)
- THE DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY (DoC)
WHO CAN APPLY?
The foreign manufacturer can apply for certification only through the Customs union residential company. It means that a Russian, Kazakh or other CU country’s company should bear responsibility for the products quality on the base of Local representative agreement. It can be the importer, distributor of the product or any other company located in the CU that will agree to act as a Local Representative.
POSSIBLE APLIED VALIDITY
The CoC / DoC can be issued for a batch (one consignment) or for serially produced products. The maximum applied validity of the approval document is 5 years.
The process lasts from 1 week to 1 month depending on certification or declaration scheme.
After the certification process is completed the product should be marked as the following:
BASIC INQUIRY INFO
An accurate quote can be provided on the base of the following information:
- Product type and applied model range;
- Technical description;
- HS Code (Customs code);
- The list of used materials.
For more information, you can apply to [email protected]