Textile (Clothes, Shoes & Accessories)

When going to supply your textile products to Customs union (CU) countries (current Eurasian Economic Union - EAEU) you need to apply for the relevant approval procedure. In other words, you need to confirm the quality of the applied products and obtain EAC mark. This marking relevant for all EAEU countries such as Russia, Belarus, Kazhakstan, Armenia and Kirgizia.

Woven and knitted underwear, leather and textile accessories, felt and nonwoven materials, shoes, fur and fur products, leather and leather products, machine-made carpeting.

When going to supply your textile products to Customs union (CU)  countries (current Eurasian Economic Union - EAEU) you need to apply for the relevant approval procedure. In other words, you need to confirm the quality of the applied products and obtain EAC mark. This marking relevant for all EAEU countries such as Russia, Belarus, Kazhakstan, Armenia and Kirgizia.


There are two main regulative documents for textile products:
  • 1. TR CU "On the safety of products intended for children and teenagers" (ТR EAEU 007/2011)
  • 2. TR CU "On the safety of light industry products (ТR EAEU 017/2011)

Both assume two approval forms – the Certificate of Conformity  or Declaration of Conformity. Necessary form can be determined depending on the age group and clothes type (t-shirt, skirt, blouse, trousers, dress, coat, scarf etc.). The CoC/DoC can combine several products types.


TR CU "On the safety of products intended for children and teenagers" (ТR CU 007/2011) is for all textile products for children up 14 years and for teenagers from 14 to 18 years old.

This regulation also assumes the additional approval form such as State Registration Certificate (SRC) sometimes called hygienic approval. SRC required for the following products:

  1. Woven and knitted underwear for children up to 3 years;
  2. Knitted hosiery for children up to 3 years;
  3. Summer hats for children up to 3 years.


TR CU "On the safety of light industry products" (ТR CU 017/2011) is applied to

  1. Textile materials;
  2. Apparel and knitwear;
  3. Machine-made carpeting;
  4. Leather and textile accessories;
  5. Felt and nonwoven materials;
  6. Shoes;
  7. Fur and fur products;
  8. Leather and leather products;
  9. American cloth.


In order to understand the scope of certification procedures the information about the composition and functinal group of each applied product is efficient because this information determines the required amount of tests and samples.


According to the Customs union Technical Regulation, the applied products should be classified to functional groups (sometimes called clothes layers):

  • The 1st group includes clothes and products that have direct contact with user's skin, such as underwear and bedding, corsetry and swimwear, summer hats, hosiery, handkerchiefs and headscarves etc.
  • The 2nd group clothing includes products that have limited contact with the skin of a user in particular dresses, blouses, shirts, pants, skirts, unlined suits, sweaters, jumpers, hats (except summer), mittens, gloves, hosiery products of the autumn-winter range and other similar products.
  • The 3rd group includes coats, short coats, jackets, raincoats, lined suits, newborn envelopes and other. Usually, these clothes use to be worn on 2nd layer textile products.


In accordance with the Technical Regulations of the Customs union, the manufacturer can apply for certification only through the Customs union residential company. It means that a Russian, Kazakhstan or other CU country’s company should bear responsibility for the products quality on the base of Local representative agreement. WorldWideBridge LLC can also act as your representative, so you can easily supply the certified products through various importer with one set of approval documents.

Looking forward to receiving your inquiries through order@wwbridge.org with basic information on your products: product type, composition, HS code.

Certification experts in Russia will be pleased to consult you in your own language


Is the local representative company required for handling the EAC certification?
In accordance with the Customs Union legislation, a foreign manufacturer must have a Local representative company (an Applicant) on the territory of the Customs Union (CU) to issue the certificate/declaration. This means that an Applicant for you can be your customer, distributor or official representative company in CU. WorldWideBridge LLC will be mentioned on certificate/declaration as a local representative. 
What does Annual maintenance inspection assume?
Each serially producing product that requires Certificate of conformity is subjected to Annual Maintenance Inspection (or so-called Inspection control) in case of applying for more than 1-year certificate. It assumes that certification body which issued the CoC needs to confirm that the product is still produced at the same quality. It can be done through the re-testing or reviewing of Quality Management System documents. In some cases, the certification body can initiate a production site audits during AMI.
What does the cost of certification services depend on? Is there any price list?
The cost of certification services depends on the type of the required approval document and technical characteristics of the product itself that influences the scope of tests that are to be conducted. We have no price-list because used to work with a wide range of certification bodies, testing laboratories, and other specialized state institutions (Federal Security Service (FSS) licensing center, Radiofrequency center (RFC), Rostekhnadzor, Roszdravnadzor, etc.)And this means that the price can vary depending on product specification and certain certification body's pricing policy. If we are talking about the product specification, then the cost can be affected by the number of models, differences in applied models, the number of communication standards used (for radio products), the number of declared protective properties (for PPE), metrology characteristics ( for measuring devices) and so on. Each product is unique, each request must be carefully calculated to determine the type of document, the amount of testing, the most optimal certification scheme, the number of test reports, etc. Also, it is important to note that CU certification bodies have a certain accreditation (product range they can approve). So, in case of big projects that include different products for certification we should apply to several different authorities. Each of those has individual pricing policies due to their testing facilities. This fact can significantly affect the pricing and process. Our goal is to provide accurate consulting services in a specific case. Therefore, we are happy to evaluate the client's application, which contains the name and description of the product and the HS code (Customs code).
What is the EAC mark and when should it be applied?
EAC mark is an approval sign for products that are needed to be imported to the Customs Union (CU). This mark gives the opportunity to enter the markets of Russia, Belarus, Kazakstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan, distribute products throughout the entire territory of these countries, and extend your audience to almost 200 millions of people. EAC mark can be obtained only after the certification procedure according to the Technical Regulations of the Customs union is finished. ЕАС abbreviation stands for “Eurasian Conformity”. The unified mark is applied to each unit of production, packaging or accompanying documentation. The image of the unified mark has to be one colour and contrast with the surface colour on which it is applied. The place of application of the unified mark on the product, packaging and documentation is established in technical regulations of the Customs union.
Can the production site audit be replaced by CIG report?
The production site audit can be required in case the product requires the Certificate of conformity to the Technical Regulation of the Customs union. A lot of our clients are interested whether the production audit can be replaced by CIG report that use to be issued by most European producers. Customs union approval procedure does not assume replacing of the audit by providing CIG report because the expert from certification authority is obliged to check the QMS personally according to our law.
How is determine whether the Declaration of conformity or Certificate of conformity is required?
The necessary form of the approval document depends on the product description and HS code (Customs code). In each technical regulations of the Customs union, there is the List which determines whether Certificate of conformity or Declaration of conformity is required for certain product according to its HS Code and application field. In some cases, technical parameters must be also taken into consideration (for pressure equipment, PPE products, etc.).
What is required to import the samples for tests?
The samples can be imported for test only after all the preparations. Firstly, we should prepare the application for the certification and confirm it with the client.  On the second stage, the client s preparing the invoice for samples delivery that is needed to be sent to us for the check.  When the samples arrived at the customs clearance office the receiver prepare all the necessary documents confirming the import purpose and pay all the required fees to the government.  Import fees depend on the announced product price according to the shipping invoice. Products that are valued less than 200 EUR are free from such fees.  The final stage assumes the registration of the cargo declaration that confirms that the samples passed the customs clearance and can be used on for certification.
How can the EAC approval documents be prolonged after the expiration date?
Customs union certification system does not assume the prolongation procedure. This means that the certification process must be repeated including tests, production site audit if required. After all the procedures are done you will receive a new approval document. 
Is there an open register where the issued EAC approval document can be checked?
Almost all approval documents are to be registered in the open registers. Here you can refer to some of them: the Registered EAC Certificates of Conformity ,  the Registered EAC Declarations of Conformity , the registered State Registration Certificates , FFS Notifications (encrypted means) register.  If you need additional information please apply to order@wwbridge.org

Ask your questions

We are ready to provide you any assistance regarding certification services in Russia.
Please feel free to contact us.


Viktoriia Artemenko

Head of Certification Department

Live chat