ECAS is a regulatory framework of quality practices complying with International Standards. ECAS Certificate will be issued after reviewing the quality conformity for products that are to be sold in the UAE.
The ECAS Conformity Assessment Scheme is the conformity certification for the UAE.
All regulated products must meet the safety and quality requirements set out in the UAE Government Technical Regulations.
Suppliers must register products and obtain a certificate of conformity before trading legally in the UAE.
The ECAS certificate confirms that the products are approved by the UAE federal government and fully meet the requirements for sale.
ECAS is one of the documents required for cargo clearance at ports of entry in the UAE for regulated products.
• Registration and Application for Certificate of Conformity via ESMA (Emirates Standards and Metrology Authority) website
• Application via website
• Payment of fees using online banking
• Submitted documents will be reviewed by the authorities
• If the product meets all requirements, a certificate of conformity is issued
• Standard Energy Efficient marking is used for electrical equipment and devices.
All manufacturers and sellers of regulated products classified under the Emirates Conformity Assessment Scheme (ECAS).
• ECAS certificate is valid for one year and is subject to annual renewal.
• Suppliers must register products and obtain a certificate of conformity before selling in the UAE.
• Application for renewal is required one month before expiration certificate.
• The ECAS certificate will help with the clearance of goods from ports and customs clearance.
To learn more about ECAS certification, contact us now! Leave your request by e-mail: [email protected].