In terms of technical rules, heat exchangers are governed by two main regulations: TR CU 010/2011 Safety of Machinery and Equipment and TR CU 032/2013 Safety of Pressurized Equipment.
EAC certification of heat exchangers
In order to supply heat exchangers to EAEU (Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Armenia, or Kyrgyzstan), it is required to obtain proper documents to confirm compliance with the said regulations (certificates of conformity or declarations of conformity).
TR CU 010/2011
Heat exchangers can be classified into the following product groups pursuant to TR CU 010:
- Cryogenic, compression, refrigeration, autogenic, gas treatment equipment: air separation and noble gases units; equipment for preparation and treatment of gases and liquids, heat and mass transfer equipment for cryogenic systems and units; compressors (air and gas-drive); refrigeration units.
- Air heaters and air coolers
- Chemical, oil and gas processing equipment
It all depends on the purpose of specific heat exchangers. However, it will be required to obtain a declaration of conformity under TR CU 010/2011 Safety of Machinery and Equipment in any case. This declaration can be issued based on the results of product testing at the manufacturer's site or on the territory of the Customs Union. Test reports shall cover all the requirements of TR CU 010 to ensure equipment safety. The following is required for registration of the declaration of conformity:
- To run tests on the heat exchangers confirming compliance with GOST for the specific product type;
- To provide an equipment safety case. The safety case is a document containing the risk analysis, as well as information from the design, operational, process documentation on the minimum required safety measures associated with the machinery and (or) equipment at all stages of its life cycle;
- To find a representative in EAEU who will act as a representative of a foreign manufacturer and register the declaration of conformity;
- To translate the operational documentation into Russian, which is a mandatory requirement for passing the conformity assessment procedure.
Upon registration of the declaration of conformity, the manufacturer shall apply EAC mark on the product. It ensures successful customs clearance and sale of products in EAEU countries.
There are many declaration schemes for heat exchangers in accordance with TR CU 010/2011. Our company is ready to provide support at all stages of the process: from assistance in tests and obtaining test reports to the translation of technical documentation. We can also act as an applicant being the representative of the manufacturer in the Customs Union territory.
at the initial stage, it is important for us to understand the scope of application of heat exchangers, whether they are delivered to a hazardous facility or to a general industrial facility, as well as to see at least a brief technical description and TN VED code in order to select the correct declaration system and assign products to a certain group.
TR CU 032 /2013
Not all heat exchangers are covered by TR CU 032/2013 (similar to PED directive). TR TC 032 can include spiral or shell-and-tube heat exchangers. They are considered pressurized vessels because GOST 34347-2017 "Steel Welded Vessels and Apparatus. General Specifications" is the key standard governing the safety of heat exchangers in accordance with TR CU 032/2013.
If this type of equipment is supplied, then it is important to understand that there are two ways for conformity assessment:
- Declaration of conformity pursuant to TR CU 032/2013
- Certificate of conformity pursuant to TR CU 032/2013
The method depends on the technical features. Unlike conventional vessels, technical features are considered separately for the tube side and the shell side.
Click here for the common request form that helps us in evaluating equipment and determining the type of appropriate document.
If it is sufficient to issue a declaration of conformity for a particular heat exchanger, then the sequence of actions is very similar to registration of the declaration of conformity pursuant to TR CU 010/2011. However, it is also required to submit a strength calculation and a technical data sheet in accordance with GOST 34347-2017.
If confirmation of conformity in the form of certification is required, then an additional audit of the process quality management system is performed. Another difference from the declaration is the mandatory presence of a test engineer from the EAEU laboratory when conducting tests at the manufacturer's site or running tests at the EAEU laboratory.
We are ready to organize the certification process in such a way that the whole process is as transparent and understandable as possible for the manufacturer and all stakeholders, regardless of the regulations. Please send your certification request to [email protected]
Information required for high-quality and fast processing of your request:
- Product description (operation manual/technical file, drawings if available)
- HS code
- Questionnaire (see the form here)
We are looking forward to offering our consultation to you! You can send us your inquiry through [email protected]
Read more articles about the certification:
List of products under TR CU 010 «On safety of machinery and equipment» (Machinery Directive analog)
Pipe certification under TR CU 032
By Viktoriia Artemenko
Head of Certification Department