Food industry products (incl. Food Supplements)

WWBridge overview of the key regulation concerning EAC approval procedure for food products of different types.

Meat, fish, dietary food, food supplements, grain products, dairy products, fat and oil products, juices, etc

All products regarding food have to be certified in accordance with the following regulations (depending on the type of products):
"On safety of food products" (TR EAEU 021/2011)
"Food products in terms of their labeling" (TR EAEU 022/2011)
"On safety of grain" (TR EAEU 015/2011)
"On safety of meat and meat products" (TR EAEU 034/2013)
"On safety of fish and fish products" (TR EAEU 040/2016)
"On safety of fat and oil products" (TR EAEU 024/2011)
"On safety of milk and dairy products" (TR EAEU 033/2013)
"On safety of fruit and vegetable juice products" (TR EAEU 023/2011)
"On safety of specific types of specialized food products including the therapeutic and preventive dietary food" (TR EAEU 027/2012)
"Safety requirements of food additives, flavorings and processing aids" (TR EAEU 029/2012)

Certification experts in Russia will be pleased to consult you in your own language

Products require certification


Food products; Associated with the requirements for food production processes (manufacturing), storage, transportation, marketing and utilization. details


Soft wheat, hard wheat, rye, barley, oat, corn, millet, rice, buckwheat, sorghum, triticale, peas, lentil, chin, chick-pea, beans, soybean, mash, lupine, broad beans, vetch, sunflower, safflower, rapeseed, cottonseed, flax, peanuts, sesame, mustard details


Raw milk, skimmed milk, cream; milk products, composite dairy products, milk-containing products, milk-based products for babies and children, ready-to-use milk cereals and powdered milk cereals; processes of production, storage, transportation, and disposal of milk and dairy products; functional components necessary for the manufacturing of milk processing products details


Slaughterhouse products including meat, subproducts, blood and its subproducts, bone nad its subproducts, canned meat, cooled meat, frozen meat, sausages, ready-to-cook meat products, dry meat products, etc; Processes of production, storage, disposal, transport and distribution of meat and meat products details


Labeling of food products released in circulation at the unified customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union (former Customs Union) details


Juices made of apricot, pineapple, orange, watermelon, banana, grape, blueberry, grapefruit, pear, guava, melon, blackberry, kiwi, cranberry, gooseberry, lime, lemon, mango, tangerine, carrot, cucumber, peach, rowanberry, lettuce, red beet, cherry, strawberry, apple, etc details

Olive oil

Vegetable oils, vegetable oil fractions, Edible fat and oil products: Interesterified refined deodorized oils (fats), Hydrogenated refined deodorized oils (fats), Margarines, Vegetable oil and butter spreads and vegetable fat spreads, Rendered vegetable oil and butter mixtures and vegetable fat mixtures, Specialty fats including cooking, confectionary and baking fats, Milk fat replacers, Cocoa butter equivalents, Cocoa butter improvers of SOS-type, Cocoa butter replacers of POP-type, Non-lauric untempered cocoa butter replacers, Lauric untempered cocoa butter replacers, Sauces based on vegetable oils, Mayonnaises, Mayonnaise sauces, Vegetable oil-based creams, Distilled glycerin; Inedible fat and oil products: Natural crude glycerin, Household soap details


The specialized food products for the nourishment of athletes, pregnant and breast-feeding women; the food products of therapeutic and preventive dietetic nourishment, including for the children's nourishment details


Dietary supplements, nutritional supplement complex, flavorings, processing aids, food products in terms of their content of dietary supplements, biologically active substances of flavors; processes of production, storage, transportation, sale and disposal of food additives, flavorings and processing aids details


Fish and different procucts made from fish including frozen fish products, live fish, cooled fish, caviar, salty fish products, canned fish, ready-to-cook fish products, etc. details


Is the local representative company required for handling the EAC certification?
In accordance with the Customs Union legislation, a foreign manufacturer must have a Local representative company (an Applicant) on the territory of the Customs Union (CU) to issue the certificate/declaration. This means that an Applicant for you can be your customer, distributor or official representative company in CU. WorldWideBridge LLC will be mentioned on certificate/declaration as a local representative. 
What does Annual maintenance inspection assume?
Each serially producing product that requires Certificate of conformity is subjected to Annual Maintenance Inspection (or so-called Inspection control) in case of applying for more than 1-year certificate. It assumes that certification body which issued the CoC needs to confirm that the product is still produced at the same quality. It can be done through the re-testing or reviewing of Quality Management System documents. In some cases, the certification body can initiate a production site audits during AMI.
What does the cost of certification services depend on? Is there any price list?
The cost of certification services depends on the type of the required approval document and technical characteristics of the product itself that influences the scope of tests that are to be conducted. We have no price-list because used to work with a wide range of certification bodies, testing laboratories, and other specialized state institutions (Federal Security Service (FSS) licensing center, Radiofrequency center (RFC), Rostekhnadzor, Roszdravnadzor, etc.)And this means that the price can vary depending on product specification and certain certification body's pricing policy. If we are talking about the product specification, then the cost can be affected by the number of models, differences in applied models, the number of communication standards used (for radio products), the number of declared protective properties (for PPE), metrology characteristics ( for measuring devices) and so on. Each product is unique, each request must be carefully calculated to determine the type of document, the amount of testing, the most optimal certification scheme, the number of test reports, etc. Also, it is important to note that CU certification bodies have a certain accreditation (product range they can approve). So, in case of big projects that include different products for certification we should apply to several different authorities. Each of those has individual pricing policies due to their testing facilities. This fact can significantly affect the pricing and process. Our goal is to provide accurate consulting services in a specific case. Therefore, we are happy to evaluate the client's application, which contains the name and description of the product and the HS code (Customs code).
What is the EAC mark and when should it be applied?
EAC mark is an approval sign for products that are needed to be imported to the Customs Union (CU). This mark gives the opportunity to enter the markets of Russia, Belarus, Kazakstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan, distribute products throughout the entire territory of these countries, and extend your audience to almost 200 millions of people. EAC mark can be obtained only after the certification procedure according to the Technical Regulations of the Customs union is finished. ЕАС abbreviation stands for “Eurasian Conformity”. The unified mark is applied to each unit of production, packaging or accompanying documentation. The image of the unified mark has to be one colour and contrast with the surface colour on which it is applied. The place of application of the unified mark on the product, packaging and documentation is established in technical regulations of the Customs union.
Can the production site audit be replaced by CIG report?
The production site audit can be required in case the product requires the Certificate of conformity to the Technical Regulation of the Customs union. A lot of our clients are interested whether the production audit can be replaced by CIG report that use to be issued by most European producers. Customs union approval procedure does not assume replacing of the audit by providing CIG report because the expert from certification authority is obliged to check the QMS personally according to our law.
How is determine whether the Declaration of conformity or Certificate of conformity is required?
The necessary form of the approval document depends on the product description and HS code (Customs code). In each technical regulations of the Customs union, there is the List which determines whether Certificate of conformity or Declaration of conformity is required for certain product according to its HS Code and application field. In some cases, technical parameters must be also taken into consideration (for pressure equipment, PPE products, etc.).
What is required to import the samples for tests?
The samples can be imported for test only after all the preparations. Firstly, we should prepare the application for the certification and confirm it with the client.  On the second stage, the client s preparing the invoice for samples delivery that is needed to be sent to us for the check.  When the samples arrived at the customs clearance office the receiver prepare all the necessary documents confirming the import purpose and pay all the required fees to the government.  Import fees depend on the announced product price according to the shipping invoice. Products that are valued less than 200 EUR are free from such fees.  The final stage assumes the registration of the cargo declaration that confirms that the samples passed the customs clearance and can be used on for certification.
How can the EAC approval documents be prolonged after the expiration date?
Customs union certification system does not assume the prolongation procedure. This means that the certification process must be repeated including tests, production site audit if required. After all the procedures are done you will receive a new approval document. 
Is there an open register where the issued EAC approval document can be checked?
Almost all approval documents are to be registered in the open registers. Here you can refer to some of them: the Registered EAC Certificates of Conformity ,  the Registered EAC Declarations of Conformity , the registered State Registration Certificates , FFS Notifications (encrypted means) register.  If you need additional information please apply to [email protected]

Ask your questions

We are ready to provide you any assistance regarding certification services in Russia.
Please feel free to contact us.


Viktoriia Artemenko

COO, Head of Certification Department

Live chat