Here in this article, I would like to describe the following main questions:
- How the samples for tests can be imported to Customs union countries? What customs procedures (regimes) can be applied to the samples under EAC certification process?
- How does the process look like? What are the main stages?
- Samples shipment expenses.
The customs declarant depending on the procedure can be:
- WorldWideBridge LLC in case of sample import under IMPORT 40
- WorldWideBridge LLC in case of samples import under TEMPORARY IMPORT
- Importer according to the trade contract in case of batch supply under CONDITIONAL RELEASE
It means that we can fully accompany the process while customs clearance under IMPORT 40 and TEMPORARY IMPORT procedures.
The main stages of the process are described below:
I. First of all make sure this is the right moment to send samples for tests. Usually, we inform our clients that we can go ahead with tests. But if you want to take the initiative you should be confident that we are ready to receive your samples. Some certificates suggest issuing of special approvals for sample import, others require sampling procedure by authorized experts before, so please inform us about your intentions and plans. We can be more effective together.
II. Then, let's prepare products for shipment. In our practice, there were a lot of cases with customs clearance of samples. The main conclusion that I made after all these projects is that effective preparation work can make the process smooth and successful. There are several goals:
1. Determine the products that have no restrictions. For example, very often we receive samples that can encrypt information but can not find FSS Notification that is obligatory for such products. Even if you are in a hurry please take a couple of minutes to send us a letter that you are preparing samples with some sort of description. So we will be aware of your shipment and can analyze the supply and provide you with a brief consultation in advance.
2. Make sure that each item can be described in case customs broker will ask additional technical questions. In other words, you should prepare an operational manual or other technical files for each position in the invoice.
3. Make a photo of the nameplate and a photo of the product in general of each item and sent them to us.
You can also skip the above-mentioned recommendations but very often it comes to the delays and additional payments for shipment storage.
III. In the next stage we should make a correct shipment invoice. You can download the invoice form that consists of all necessary fields required by logistic companies and customs brokers. There are two types of invoice examples:
- general example: Link
- example for clothes for children and adults: Link
Our scope of services includes the check of invoices before sending samples. So, do not hesitate to check the shipment invoice with your account manager in order to avoid any mistakes.
IV. Chose the logistic partner (DHL, UPS etc.) and make the order for shipment. As soon as you receive a code of shipment (tracking number) please provide it to your account manager. It will help us to track your shipment from our side and find it in case of a loss/delay.
V. When the product came to Russia we are ready for customs clearance. Here we are preparing all the documents as an importer, prove the right to import and receive the shipment, answer all the questions from the customs inspectors regarding all items, draw up a customs declaration and make all the necessary payments to the Federal Customs Service (FCS).
VI. After a customs declaration is ready and all charges are paid we should wait for a customs inspector's decision. Our customs declaration is moving in a queue until we finally receive a positive decision (2-5 days).
VII. Receiving samples and prepare them for shipment to the testing laboratory.
In the case of temporary import, the stages from I to VII are the same. The fifth stage includes the visual cargo inspection additionally. This inspection is required by FSC in order to make a report of what is to be imported. We are making a photo of each item including nameplates and provide to FSC. In such a way they can be sure that we are re-exports exact products that were imported before.
Also, there are several additional procedures after the tests are finished.
So the VIII stage is to send the shipment back (in other words – make a re-export). This stage is very similar to the V one. Here we prepare all the documents for re-export, prove that the products are the same as were imported before, make again the cargo visual inspection, answer all the questions from the customs inspectors, draw up a customs declaration for re-export. From the side of the receiver of a shipment back we usually need the address and contact name and DHL, UPS client number (if any). So the back shipment can be paid directly by the receiver. The shipment can be also refunded to our company in case there is no client number in any logistic company.
In case of conditional release, the role of WorldWideBridge LLC is to provide the evidence that certification process is started. We can provide confirming letters from certification bodies/laboratories to the importer, so he can prove the right for conditional import.
Concerning the payments for customs clearance, we can also divide them by customs regime.
WorldWideBridge LLCHope that this information will boost the EAC certification projects and rocket our mutual efficiency.
If you have any additional questions you can apply to our team.
By Viktoriia Artemenko
Head of Certification Department