EAC certification is required for the export to the countries of the Customs Union (Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Kyrgyz Republic, and Armenia). EAEU stands for the Eurasian Economic Union (in some cases the abbreviation EAEU, or the name "Customs Union" is used).
Mandatory EAC certification applies to the lighting fixtures equipped with the following types of lamps:
- Incandescent lamps;
- Fluorescent lamps, including lamps with built-in starting regulators;
- LED lamps.
EAC certification is required for the following lighting fixtures (regardless of the lamp type used):
- Lighting devices for aquariums, swimming pools;
- Lighting equipment for professional photography.
It is also necessary to certify auxiliary equipment: power supplies; step-down transformers; dimmers.
Lighting equipment conformity assessment is carried out based on three technical regulations of the Customs Union:
- TR CU 004/2011 (for low-voltage devices and lighting equipment) (TR EAEU 004/2011).
- TR CU 020/2011 (regulating the rules of electromagnetic compatibility of devices) (TR EAEU 020/2011).
- TR EAEU 037/2016 "On Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment".
Lighting fixtures certification requirements:
- Lighting fixtures shall comply with the maximum permissible values of light efficiency (energy efficiency), and the standards are set depending on the purpose of the lighting fixture.
- Obtaining a mandatory certificate of conformity for lighting fixtures shall be performed according to one of the certification schemes: 1s, 3s, or 4s.
- After identification, the selected typical models shall be tested in an accredited laboratory.
- A conclusion on the lighting equipment safety is issued based on the results.
- Studies shall be carried out in accordance with GOSTs adopted together with the TR CU.
In addition to the positive test results of lighting fixtures, in order to obtain a certificate under scheme 1c, it is necessary to have a production audit report. Experts attest the infrastructure, personnel, documentation, technological and metrological equipment of the manufacturer, as well as incoming, routine inspection procedures, conditions of product storage and dealing with claims.
The table shows the standards used when testing the selected specimens of lighting equipment in the process of certification or declaration.
|Lighting fixtures:||Test standards:|
|General purpose portable, children's, hand-held, for garden use, with built-in transformers or converters for incandescent lamps, general stationary (except for street and road lighting ones), for the use in clinical areas of hospitals and other medical facilities, for stage lighting, television, film and photo studios, for non-professional photography and filming||GOST R IEC 60598-2-13-2010
GOST R IEC 60598-2-23-98
GOST R IEC 598-2-25-98
|Lighting chains, illumination and decorative string lights||GOST R IEC 598-2-20-97|
|Household lighting fixtures for incandescent and fluorescent lamps||GOST R IEC 598-2-6-98
GOST R IEC 60598-2-23-98
|General-purpose spotlights||GOST R IEC 60598-2-5-99|
|Step-down electronic converters for incandescent lamps||GOST R IEC 1046- 98|
|Starting and control devices for electric-discharge lamps||GOST R IEC 60922-98
GOST R IEC 924-98
GOST R IEC 928-98
GOST R IEC 920-97
Section 4 of GOST R 51318.14.1-2006
Sections 5, 7 of GOST R 51318.14.2-2006
GOST R 51514-99
Sections 6, 7 of GOST R 51317.3.2-2006
GOST R 51317.3.3-2008
|Starters for tubular fluorescent lamps||GOST R IEC 60155-99|
Lighting equipment EAC declaration
As for the EAC declaration of lighting fixtures, such compliance shall be confirmed within the framework of the requirements of TR CU "On Safety of Devices Operating on Fuel Gas" (TR CU 016/2011). Only one group can be included in this category: household gas lamps. It is also necessary to register a declaration of conformity for industrial electric lighting fixtures. In this case, the declaration is carried out according to the requirements of TR CU 004/2011 and TR CU 020/2011.
EAC marking of lighting fixtures
The issued mandatory certificate of conformity with the TR CU allows the lighting equipment to be marked with a unified mark of product circulation on the market — EAC. EAC marking, introduced in 2011, is intended to inform consumers that the goods have passed the necessary procedure, confirming compliance with the standards specified in the technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union. EAC marking can be used together with the RST (Russian Standard) marking valid in Russia.
Within the Customs Union, the classification of lighting equipment is carried out according to the Customs Union Commodity Classification of Foreign Economic Activity (TN VED TS), group 9405:
- 940510 — suspended or wall-mounted chandeliers and other electrical lighting equipment, other than lighting equipment used for lighting outdoor public places or main transport routes;
- 940520 — electric table lamps, floor lamps or bedside lamps;
- 940530 — lighting equipment sets used to decorate Christmas trees;
- 940540 — other electric lamps and lighting equipment;
- 940550 — non-electric lamps and lighting equipment;
- 940560 — illuminated signs, illuminated name or address signs, and similar products.
The WorldWideBridge team will be happy to advise you on any issues related to EAC certification of lighting equipment. If you have any questions or requests, please contact us at [email protected]