All the light industry products for adults - clothes, bags, shoes, accessories, etc - should be in compliance with Technical Regulation of the Custom Union 017 "On safety of light industry products". Two forms of approval documents exist: Declaration of Conformity (DoC) and Certificate of Conformity (CoC) . Let's discuss the procedure of getting EAC DoC to TR CU 017 "On safety of light industry products" .
According to New requirements of the Customs Union, starting from January 1, 2021 applicant should register Declarations of Conformity by himself. To have a legal right to perform DoCs self-registration the applicant should be registered in the Federal Accreditation System (FAS) and receive electronic digital signature. Moreover, the applicant (local representative of the manufacturer) ahould prepare all the documents required for certification, conduct tests to meet all the standards, and then upload through the personal company page the whole document package received during the process to the FAS.
Taking into account new requirement implemented beginning 2021, the procedure of getting Declaration of Conformity to TR CU 017 have been changed slightly. Below the main stages are listed.
The applicant should take the following actions to obtain DoC to TR CU 017 "On safety of light industry products":
- prepare the DoC draft,
- find the laboratory accredited for TR CU 017 "On safety of light industry products" (note that the lab should be listed in the national part of the unified register of the CU),
- arrange product samples delivery from the country of origin to the laboratory,
- perform customs clearance of samples to get Customs Declaration confirming official samples import to the territory of the Russia Federation,
- get the test report from the laboratory confirming the positive samples test results,
- gather and verify the package of documents required for the Declaration of Conformity registration,
- perform DoC registration using the personal company page on FSA.
It is worth noting that WorldWideBridge LLC started self-registration of Declarations of Conformity on FSA in 2019. It means that the process is not new for us and we have a solid experience in this procedure and close partnership with leading testing centers and laboratories that allows our clients to get the required approval documents in full compliance with the Customs Union requirements. WorldWideBridge will be glad to act as an applicant and assist with DoCs registration.
Nowadays, foreign light industry products are of the greatest demand within online fashion market, especially in Russia. The largest Russian online fashion retailers are Wildberries and Lamoda. Moreover, a big amount of light products from abroad is present in one of the most famous Russian luxurious retailer – TSUM. Apart from TSUM, lots of foreign clothes products are supplied to Lady & Gentleman.
In other words, Wildberries, Lamoda, TSUM and Lady & Gentleman are the biggest platforms for foreign light industry products purchasing.
One of the main points that should be taken into consideration during the work with Russian retailers – they have their own requirements for EAC certification that should be followed up.
Below are their main requests:
- each declared product composition should be covered with a separate test report,
- all the product definitions in the approval document should be in compliance with GOST standards and correspond to the definitions put of product label,
- product labels should meet the requirements of TR CU 017 "On safety of light industry products" / TR CU 007 "On the safety of products intended for children and adolescents" and should be in Russian,
WorldWideBridge has closed a solid number of projects for Wildberries and want to share the experience with you.
Along with scan copy of issued Declaration of Conformity or Certificate of Conformity and test reports, Wildberries requests to provide the following documents on a mandatory basis:
• Local representative agreement between the manufacturer and his applicant,
• Contract between CB and applicant,
• Contract between laboratory and applicant,
• Customs Declaration confirming samples import (GTD),
• Receipt of samples for testing from the laboratory.
WorldWideBridge Team will be pleased to consult you on any questions related to getting approval documents for light industry products and assist with projects for Wildberries, Lamoda, TSUM, Lady & Gentleman etc. In case of any questions and requests for EAC Certification please feel free to contact us via e-mail: [email protected].
By Evgenia Kovaka
Team leader - EAEU / CIS