What you need to get an EAC certificateThere is a document containing a list of all goods that can be certified and sold on the territory of the Customs Union (Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan), as well as the requirements and conditions for obtaining a certificate. This document was approved and signed by the CU Commission on June 18, 2010, and contains a list of codes and corresponding product names. To find out whether your products are on the list, you need to know the nomenclature code that is used in the activities of the external economy or contact one of the registered certification centers for help.
The certificate of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAC) can be issued only if the products fully comply with the standards established in the TR.
If you need to clarify whether your products are included in one of the above lists, go through the mandatory certification procedure — contact WWBridge. Our specialists will provide you with all possible support in this difficult task, conduct free consultations, and clarify the list of necessary documents. In our company, you can order a certificate of conformity and many other types of certificates.
How to get the EAC Certificate of Conformity
The certificate of conformity of the Customs Union EAC has a single form for all states that are members of the CU, to obtain it, you must provide the following data:
For a foreign manufacturer:
Registration of the certificate of the CU EAC
Various schemes are provided for the design of this document. Depending on the volume of manufactured or imported products, the certificate can be issued for a limited batch or for mass-produced products. In accordance with the Technical Regulations of the Customs union, the manufacturer can apply for certification only through the Customs union residential company. It means that a Russian, Kazakhstan or other CU country’s company should bear responsibility for the products quality on the base of Local representative agreement. It can be the importer, distributor of the product or any other company located in the CU that will agree to act as a Local Representative.
Ordinary procedure working with certification center:
1. Approval of the certification scheme.
2. Selection of product samples for research according to the established principle
3. Conducting laboratory tests (other types of checks, depending on the product).
4. Registration of laboratory test reports.
5. Revision of the Quality Management System of the producer
6. Making a decision to issue an EAC certificate of conformity based on the data received.
7. Issuing and entering documents into the register.
Validity period of the EAC certificate
The manufacturer or the applicant has the right to choose the validity period of the certificate when it is issued, but it can not exceed five years. Statistics show that manufacturers often issue a document for the maximum period, since it can be used to successfully sell products continuously on the territory of all CU countries. But if your company first decided to try selling products in Belarus or Kazakhstan, it may be more profitable to issue a document for a period of 1 year, in order to analyze the demand for this product in these countries. After that, you will be able to make the right decision on the validity period of this authorization document, making out the document next time, and perhaps you will not need it at all. After the expiration date, the certificate registration procedure is performed again.
Risks working without certificates
- Administrative fines up to RUB 1 million
- for violation of the requirements of technical regulations on compulsory certification or product declaration - a fine of 300 thousand rubles, for violation of requirements for labeling - 1 million rubles.
- Suspension of the company applies in case of a repeated offense related to the lack of a certificate of conformity, the goods are subject to confiscation.
- Confiscation of products applies in case of a repeated offense related to the lack of a certificate of conformity, the goods are subject to confiscation.
Important notes about EAC certificate:
- The applicant for certification under the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union can ONLY be a RESIDENT of the CUSTOMS UNION (i.e. a legal entity registered in Russia, Belarus or Kazakhstan)
- All registered Certificates EAC entered into the unified register on the website of the Federal service for accreditation.- The EAC certificate is issued for products of both domestic and foreign production.
- It is not possible to change the form of confirmation of compliance with the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union from the EAC Certificate to the EAC Declaration.
- The maximum period for which the EAC Certificate is issued is 5 years.
- If the product is included in the list of goods required for declaration, and the corresponding technical regulations have been developed for it, then the release of the product into circulation is prohibited without obtaining an EAC Certificate.
- If the product is subject to verification by several technical regulations at once, then it is necessary to obtain a TR certificate only once, but the verification will be carried out according to the norms of all these technical documents. An example is many types of electronic devices that are the object of the TR CU "On the safety of low-voltage equipment" and the TR CU " Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means».
WWBridge can help you obtain all abovementioned approval documents in a short term. We are a problem-solver and our initial goal is to help you avoid any bureaucratic procedures and get necessary documentation as fast as possible. We are ready to provide you any assistance regarding certification services in Russia. Please feel free to contact us through email: [email protected]