There is a List of electronic devices and electrical appliances that fall under TR EAEU 037/2016 On the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. This technical regulation became obligatory from March 2020. So, if the product needs to be imported to any of Eurasian Economic Union countries (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia or Kyrgyzstan) then EAC approval should also include TR EAEU 037/2016 (ROHS) (additionaly to EMC or LVD regulations).
The List of applied products can be divided into following product groups:
- Household electrical apparatus and appliances
- Electronic computers and devices connected to them
- Telecommunication facilities (terminal telecommunication devices)
- Copy machines and other electrical office (office) equipment
- The electrified tools (manual and portable electric machines)
- Light sources and light equipment, including equipment built into furniture
- Electromusical instruments
- Game and trading machines
- Cash registers, ticket machines, ID card readers, ATMs, information kiosks
- Cables, wires and cords intended for use at a rated voltage of not more than 500 V AC and (or) DC, with the exception of fiber optic cables
- Automatic switches and residual current circuit breakers
- Fire, security and fire alarm
You can refer to the full List of products which are under obligatory approval according to the TR EAEU 037/2016 (ROHS).
But there are some exception from this List.
TR EAEU 037 (ROHS) DOES NOT APPLY TO:
- products of electrical engineering and radio electronics intended for use at rated voltages more than 1000 V AC and 1500 V DC.
- products of electrical engineering and radio electronics intended exclusively for use as component parts electrical equipment not included in the list provided Appendix No. 1 to this technical regulation;
- electric toys;
- photovoltaic panels (solar panels), incoming in the composition of products of electrical engineering and radio electronics;
- products of electrical engineering and radio electronics intended for use as a part of ground and orbital space objects;
- electrical equipment designed exclusively for use on air, water, land and underground transport;
- electric batteries and accumulators, including those produced in circulation on the territory of the Union as part of electrical products and radio electronics;
- used electrical products and radio electronics;
- measuring instruments;
- medical devices.
Approval document should be issued in form of Declaration of Conformity (DoC).
Manufacturer can apply for 1, 3, 5 years validity or get RoHS Declaration for batch (single delivery).
There are 2 schemes according to which the manufacturer could get approval document for Russian RoHS:
- 1D scheme – based on test reports
- 3D scheme – with local testing in Russia
Source: Russian RoHS comes into effect since March 1, 2020
Several options are applicable within this scheme:
- Based on test reports from a qualified voluntary laboratory
- Based on European/manufacturer’s test reports issued according to RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC.
All GOST Standards higlighed in TR EAEU 037/2016 are identical to European one:
GOST EN 50581-2016 is identical to EN50581:2012
GOST IEC 62321-1-2016 is identical to IEC 62321-1:2013
GOST IEC 62321-2-2016 is identical to IEC 62321-2:2013
GOST IEC 62321-3-1-2016 is identical to IEC 62321-3-1:2013
GOST IEC 62321-3-2-2016 is identical to IEC 62321-3-2:2013
GOST IEC 62321-5-2016 is identical to IEC 62321-5:2013
STB IEC 62321-2012 is identical to IEC 62321:2008
STB IEC/PAS 62596-2012 is identical to IEC/PAS 62596:2009
- Based on test reports for product parts that are subject to RoHS
According to the scheme, the manufacturer is obliged to provide samples for local testing to the Russian accredited laboratory which will issue the DoC to TR CU 037 in case of positive test results of the declared products.
WWBridge team is always ready to provide you with consultation and prepare the quote. You can send us inquiries through [email protected].
Certification experts will be pleased to consult you in your own language