The CE marking indicates that the product is not harmful to the health of its consumers, as well as harmless to the environment. Products that do not comply with the directives and harmonized standards of the European Union, which require the application of the CE Mark, are not allowed on the internal market of the EU.The CE certificate is a document confirming the conformity of a product to the requirements of the European Union. In addition, each country of the association may introduce its own norms and standards, which must also be implemented if the products are to be sold in this territory.
CE Certificate (Conformité Européenne)
The European quality certificate makes it possible to install the CE marking (CE Marking) on products, which is a pass for the smooth circulation of products in the markets of the EU member states. Products that do not comply with European Union directives and harmonized standards requiring the CE Mark are not allowed on the EU internal market. Today, the CE certification is applied even in the countries of Asia, North and South America, but on a voluntary basis.
Purpose of CE marking
CE Marking indicates to the consumer that the product is made from safe raw materials, and the manufacturer of this product complies with the required standards and has passed all necessary checks.
In the case of determining the illegality of marking the goods with the CE mark, a large fine is imposed on the manufacturer, and the products are withdrawn from circulation. Products will be obliged to withdraw the violator himself and at his own expense. In particular cases, this offense can lead to criminal punishment. Control over the legality of the use of the European CE certification is carried out by special supervisory services, which have the right to take appropriate measures when detecting illegal use of the CE mark or other directives.
WWBridge provides certification services in the European Union countries with the right to apply the CE Mark to products in the following types of goods:
- radio communications and telecommunications terminal equipment (Directive 1999/5 / EC)
- toys for children (Directive 2009/48 / EC)
- non-automatic weighing devices (Directive 2009/23 / EC)
- new hot water boilers (boilers) operating on liquid or gaseous fuels (Directive 92/42 / EEC)
- devices and protective systems for use in explosive atmospheres ATEX (Directive 2014/34 / EU)
- systems and installations (equipment) operating under pressure (Directive 97/23 / EC)
- measuring instruments (Directive 2004/22 / EC)
- electromagnetic compatibility (Directive 2014/30 / EU)
- machinery and equipment (Directive 2006/42 / EC)
- low voltage systems, electrical safety (Directive 2014/35 / EU)
- simple pressure vessels (Directive 2014/29 / EU)
- appliances for combustion of gaseous fuels (gas-fired installations) (Directive 2009/142 / EC)
- explosives for civil purposes (Directive 93/15 / EEC)
- rope systems intended for the transport of people (Directive 2000/9 / EC)
- lifts and hoisting mechanisms (Directive 95/16 / EC)
- pleasure craft (Directive 94/25 / EC).
Stages of obtaining CE marking
- Definition of directive / standard applicable to the product.
- Сonducting a check for the presence of certain national requirements for this product.
- Evaluation of a set of technical documentation.
- Conducting product testing.
- Contacting a Notified Body.
- Registration of the certificate / declaration.
As an expert in certification, WWBridge has unique experience in providing highly qualified services in ensuring product compliance with requirements of the European Union. Our resources, experience and established relationships with accredited certification bodies will help you confirm that your products meet the requirements of EU regulations and obtain the necessary permits for the release of products into circulation in Europe.
Contact us right now to find out how to obtain the CE Certificate: [email protected]
Certification experts in Russia will be pleased to consult you in your own language