UL certification lends credibility to a product and its safety of use by establishing that it is deemed effective and safe for use by the public by testing products.
UL certification - facts, advantages and markets that covers
UL certification is a document confirming that your product is safe to be used and complies with UL regulations.
UL 110, Standard for Sustainability for Mobile Phones
UL 50, Enclosures for Electrical Equipment
UL 1492, Audio/Video Products and Accessories
UL 1642, Lithium Batteries
Ul certification is considered to be one of the strictest in the world:
- the standards apply to the equipment itself, to its materials, to its components, up to the standards of the instructions.
- UL-certified products meet the most stringent safety standards and requirements, including for people and for the environment.
- The marked products pass through tests and plant inspection.
Advantages of UL Certification
- The consumer should be confident in the quality and safety of the purchased product.
- Speed up the process of putting the equipment into operation, making it easier for the local authorized body to check it at the installation site.
- Obtaining the UL certificate demonstrates the competence of manufacturers
- Certificates verify the durability, stability, and durability of products.
- UL certification also contributes to better insurance, as it guarantees safety as well as quality.
Markets that UL Certification covers
UL Certification is a symbol of reliability and safety, and has earned recognition in many countries in all around the world. In USA UL certification is voluntary for all electrical control devices or systems and is obligated on component parts that are part of a larger product or system.
UL standards relate to six technical sectors:
- electrical engineering;
- fire prevention;
- anti-theft and alarms;
- heating and air conditioning;
- injuries and chemical injuries
- Check whether your product is ready to pass UL Certification
- Determine the scope of tests with an accurate budget
- Verify if this equipment has been designed according to relevant standards (to prevent non-compliance)
- Find zones of risk - to be improved by manufacturer
- Perform tests and inspection (annual control)
WWBridge is ready to offer various solutions based on the needs and requirements of the client, adapt to the type of product and select the most optimal solution from the options presented below.
• UL recognition–UL recognition means that the components or parts within a complete product or system have been evaluated by the UL. The components need to be associated with a product for it to perform an end task.
• UL listing– UL listing means that a product sample has been tested by UL and concluded that the product conforms to specific defined requirements. The requirements are determined by UL’s published and nationally recognized Standards for safety.
• UL classification– UL classification means that samples parts of a product have been tested and evaluated by UL as per certain product properties.
1. LISTING MARKS FOR CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES
These markings are commonly found on computers, stoves and heaters, fuses, electrical panels, fire extinguishers, and thousands of other products. All products on which such a mark is applied are checked with a certain frequency. This is necessary to confirm that they continue to be manufactured in accordance with UL safety requirements.
2. UL CLASSIFICATION MARKS FOR CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES
The "UL Classified" mark is displayed on representative samples of products that UL has evaluated for specific properties, a limited range of hazards, or suitability for use in limited or special conditions.
3. UL RECOGNIZED COMPONENT MARKS FOR CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES
Such markings are used on component parts (components) that are part of a larger product or system. Component labeling applies to a wide range of products, including switches, power supplies, printed circuit boards, some types of industrial control equipment, etc.
Important to know
● WWBridge acts globally wherever you are located
● WWBridge helps to set up accurate budget
● WWBridge provide the accessible consultation of our UL experts
● WWBridge consults you how to choose the right type of UL certificate
● WWBridge keeps you updated on a regular basis
● WWBridge provides complete services of UL Certification
How to be certified - steps and lead time
1. Construction review/ pre-testing: (estimated lead-time 8 Weeks)
● Construction/Documentation Review
● Determination of Test Plan and estimated budget
● Determination of Sample Requirements
● Preparation of Test Datasheets
2. Testing: (estimated lead-time 8 Weeks)
3. Certification: (estimated lead-time 8 Weeks)
● Construction/Documentation Review
● Draft Descriptive Report
● Testing at UL Lab
● Review of datasheets and determination of test compliance
● Issue of UL Certification/Letter Report (as applicable)
The final price depends on the scope of tests to be performed and the amount of categories to be checked. WWBridge has sufficient experience in coordinating UL certification. We are ready to offer to our clients the accurate prices; to fine-tune the budget for your unique request and save you from non-compliance.
If there are still some questions on UL, contact us right now to find out how to obtain UL Certificates: [email protected] Looking forward to your inquiries.
Certification experts in Russia will be pleased to consult you in your own language